The Elusive Mystery Of Love

Will the mystery of love ever be solved? Should it be? We want to be coupled in joy and ecstasy until we want to be alone to find ourselves, but just for a moment until we are lonely again. Such is the push and pull of human nature to want to be seen and accepted for who we are.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Would You Like that SUPERSIZED?



.Last Night...took the cake...THE WHOLE CAKE. 
I agreed to meet a 45 year old man at a popular middle aged club. I hadn't talked to him for long, but I thought I would take a chance on him being a nice guy...HAHA. I knew that he had been married a "few" times and that he had a daughter who was going to a prestigious University so hey~ how rude and how bad could he be? Right?  Famous last words. When I was almost to the club, he texted me and said he would be outside by his Harley. Well, I walked up and saw this White SEMI TRUCK by a Red Harley....Just kidding...but close..very close. HE WAS HUGE! his picture had showed a nice looking Head & Shoulders shot. He had a nice goatee...(my weakness). I knew he was 'bigger' but Semi-truck size? SUPERSIZED??

    So we said Hello and he hugged me...And HERE is where the question arises............DOES my transparent facial expressions tell everyone I meet, what my true feelings are? As my eldest daughter swears by?  I have always known I wasn't a good actor..ever since 7th grade when I tried out for the school play and only had to walk across the stage flinging my hair.....simple right...hahah...I think I looked like a wet dog trying to shake dry after being sprayed by a garden hose!!! So in situations like this.. does my energy, my body language say...."Damn..another wasted night on a loser who doesn't have a chance in hell at being my "perfect man".  
    But I try to rise above those thoughts...or at least I think i do....and put a smile on my face. Mr Pillsbury Dough Boy on growth hormone lovingly paid my $5 fee into the club (which later proved to be a miracle in itself). We sat down and he immediately said. " You look tired" ok...well it was no secret I had came from work. A 13 hr day which is normal for my nursing profession. I was tired but it was my Friday so I was ready to have some relax time. "I am tired" I stated. "It was a rough day". Then his next question started the barrage of questions that would prove this guys narcissistic "why doesn't everyone think the way I do- & i dont accept anyone who doesn't BELIEVE or DO what I DO!!" attitude.  In other words- a very negative, Control Freak...Been there done that.. got the t-shirt...never want to visit that t-shirt shop again!!!  The conversation in the next 5 minutes went something like this....Culminating in the SHORTEST DATE I HAVE EVER HAD!

"Why do you work there?....Ummm well cause its not all bad days...well do you really want to work with crazy  people? Ummm..well its not that easy to just go get a job that you want....Wyh not? I thought nurses were in high demand...shortage and all... Well....that's a misconception...there are 40-50 applications per job in this state.. it takes time and energy to find and apply and get an interview for a job that you think you may like...and then you never really know if you will like a particular area until you work it for a couple weeks not to mention getting clearance and learning all the systems. Oh.....that seems weird..I would know if I liked a job the first day... Oh well... good for you asshole...{waitress.....Would you like a drink? Sure...diet coke with lemon and a shot of Bicardi. Just coke for me..then as she comes back he makes NO MOVE FOR HIS WALLET!!! so i pulled out $5 and paid her---WIERD...I have  NEVER NOT HAD A GUY OFFER TO PAY FOR MY DRINK...but oh well..no big deal..} So....Why didn't you just go home after a rough day...why did you agree to meet me? Because I need some fun to unwind...Its my Friday.. I'm ready for the weekend. How about this asshole???? How about I go to the bathroom and WHEN I COME OUT -YOU MAGICALLY TURN INTO A MAN WHO RESPECTS AND APPRECIATES WOMEN AND MY PROFESSION AS A NURSE????"

My wishes were in vain.... I came out of the restroom and was about to hear the most low-life excuse I've ever heard in the dating world! I still can't believe he stooped to this level. His phone rang ---on cue--- and it was his daughter....at the university. "oh...you're where honey?  90th south and foothill? ok....dont worry ..we should be able to jump it... I'll be there soon.."  He turns to me and says.. She left her lights on- I have to go....are you going to stay here?" ......

So I sat there...alone for the first time ever in a club. Wondering what the hell just happened! Was I really just walked out on?? By a man who I wanted to walk out on 5 minutes after I met him but was too nice to do it??? I found out that he had been married 4 times....He had told me that the 4th one was with a woman who he couldn't stand on the first date...but she persisted and ended up snagging him.....I should have asked him if she was deaf or blind....
How's your Friday going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment